Abstract submissionTo submit an abstract (for symposia, workshops, oral presentations, poster presentations or rapid communication) you must be registered for the congress.
In addition to oral and poster presentations, we will hold Rapid Communication sessions.
Details of Rapid Communication
- 5 minute short talk
- Include a short movie or slides to show animal behaviors of interest or introduce enrichment devices.
- Please prepare using SIMPLE English.
- You can submit an abstract solely for this session or also use it as an introduction to your poster. If you want to have a presentation only at this session, please choose the option of "Rapid Communication". If you want to use this session as an introduction to your poster, please choose the option of "Rapid Communication and Poster" on the registration site.
- There will be no time allocated for questions or comments.
We invite authors to submit work broadly related to animal welfare. We welcome presentations about scientific studies to understand animals, as well as studies involving the actual practice and evaluation of environmental enrichment. The abstract word limit is 250 words. Please download the abstract format from here. Please change the filename to your fullname before submitting. ex) smith_james.docx
- General Session: oral and poster presentations. The committee will review the abstracts.
- Symposia or workshops: We have limited slots for symposia and workshops (a total of 90 minutes per session). The committee will review and select the sessions based on the abstracts.
Abstract submission deadline
We welcome participants under 18 years old. Please contact us (iceekyoto2019 [at] iceekyoto.org) directly for more information.
We will have two official workshops.As the number of participants is limited, please apply for only one. When the number of participants has reached the limit, we will close the application.Workshop Registration
|1) Positive Reinforcement Training Workshop|
|Title||What is scientific training? ~the basic applied behavior analysis (ABA) and its application~|
|Date and time||25th June, 2019 13:00 - 18:00 (including break)|
|Location||Clock Tower, Kyoto University
(Maximum participants: 60)
Lectures from experts (Prof. Naoko Sugiyama, Ms. Jodi Carrigan and Mr. Kazuyuki Ban)
The Shaping Game
|Title||Practical tips for creative enrichment: we are happy and we wear happi!|
|Date and time||25th June, 2019 13:00 - 17:00|
|Location||Kyoto City Zoo
(Maximum participants: 30)
Lectures from experts
Group work (Planning and creating enrichment for four species of animals)
|Late (After 15th March, 2019)|
|Whole conference participation (5 days)||33,000JPY||22,000JPY|
|Participation on a daily basis||11,000JPY||11,000JPY|
You can join any scientific event (including workshops and symposium), welcome reception and Kyoto City Zoo tour by paying the fee. To participate banquet (on 26th June) and post-congress tours (After 27th June), additional charge is required.
|Whole conference participation (5 days)||30,000JPY||20,000JPY|
|Participation on a daily basis||10,000JPY||10,000JPY|
|Whole conference participation (5 days)||27,000JPY||18,000JPY|
|Participation on a daily basis||9,000JPY||9,000JPY|